Prof. Adam Patkowski
Member of the Research Council and NBMC Council
Ph.D., Physics, 1975, A.Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland
Habilitation, Physics, 1982, A.Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland
Head of the Department of Molecular Biophysics, Faculty of Physics, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan
Representant of the Independent Science Workers, Physics Department, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan
+48 61 829 5262
- Structure, dynamics and phase transitions in charged Yukawa-like colloidal systems
- Structure, properties and interactions of model nanoparticles and their applications in biology and medicine
- Applications of Laser Scanning Confocal Microscopy techniques and Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy to studies of properties and dynamics of nanoparticles in crowded complex systems, membranes and living cells
- Structure and dynamics of complex soft matter systems studied by means of scattering of light (Photon Correlation Spectroscopy and Fabry-Perot Interferometry), synchrotron radiation (Small Angle X-ray scattering and X-ray Photon Correlation Spectroscopy), neutrons (Small Angle Neutron Scattering) and Raman spectroscopy (including Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering)
- Structure and dynamics of supercooled liquids and glasses
- Effects of high pressure on structure, dynamics and properties of complex systems and living cells studied by means of PCS, FPI, LSCM, FCS, and SANS
- R. Holyst, A. Bielejewska, J. Szymanski, A. Wilk, A. Patkowski, J. Gapinski, A. Zywocinski, T. Kalwarczyk, E. Kalwarczyk, M. Tabaka, N. Ziebacz and S. A. Wieczorek, Scaling form of viscosity at all length-scales in poly(ethylene glycol) solutions studied by fluorescence correlation spectroscopy and capillary electrophoresis, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 2009, 11, 9025.
- J. Gapinski, A. Patkowski, G. Nägele, Generic behavior of the hydrodynamic function of charged colloidal suspensions, The Journal of Chemical Physics 2010, 132, 054510.
- J. Gapiński, J. Szymański , A. Wilk, J. Kohlbrecher, A. Patkowski, R. Hołyst, Size and shape of micelles studied by means of SANS, PCS and FCS, Langmuir 2010, 26, 9304.
- T. Kalwarczyk, N. Ziębacz, A. Bielejewska, E. Zaboklicka, K. Koynov, J. Szymański, A. Wilk, A. Patkowski, J. Gapiński, H.-J. Butt, R. Hołyst, Comparative Analysis of Viscosity of Complex Liquids and Cytoplasm of Mammalian Cells at the Nanoscale, Nano Letters 2011, 11 (5), 2157–2163.
- J. Gapinski, G. Nägele, A. Patkowski, Freezing lines of colloidal Yukawa spheres.I: A Rogers-Young integral equation study, The Journal of Chemical Physics 2012, 136, 024507.